X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubuntu 20.04.1 Installation problem

Hi,
    I'm stuck in a strange situation with the installation of Kubuntu 20.04.1 LTS. It crashes at the end of installation with a message box saying "We're sorry the installer crashed..." without specifying the kind of problem.
    I tried an other 2 different computers also. Same problem at the end of installation.
    I tried to install Ubuntu 20.04.1 LTS and it installs fine without problems so I think it's a problem on Kubuntu.
    I reinstalled Kubuntu 20.04.1 LTS several times without success. Same problem at the end of installation.
    I tried to disable the network and it installed without problems. But the system it's half translated and it lacks also Nvidia drivers. So I had to manually install them.
    I started to think it's a problem with the new Nvidia drivers 450 as all my computers have an Nvidia card.
    Did someone on the forum experienced the same problem?
    Thanks for your help

Sincerely
    Userpro
    I

Did you verify the sha256sum of the downloaded .iso file?

Other than that, installing 20.04.1 LTS presented no problems. Mine uses the nvidia-390 driver, so there is a possibility that nvidia-450 has a problem. Someone else may want to know what Nvidia card you are using, for troubleshooting purposes.
    The next brick house on the left
    Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.24.7 | Kubuntu 22.04.4 | 6.5.0-18-generic

Comment

Kubuntu 20.04.1 Installation problem

Hi, thanks for your answer.
      Yes, I've checked the iso and it's all ok, I also downloaded another iso and burned on dvd. Same problem in every computer I tried. The installation works fine when the network it's disabled. So it's something the installer download like like third party drivers when network during installation is enabled.
      Originally posted by jglen490 View Post
      Did you verify the sha256sum of the downloaded .iso file?

Other than that, installing 20.04.1 LTS presented no problems. Mine uses the nvidia-390 driver, so there is a possibility that nvidia-450 has a problem. Someone else may want to know what Nvidia card you are using, for troubleshooting purposes.

Comment

So what Nvidia card are you using?
        The next brick house on the left
        Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.24.7 | Kubuntu 22.04.4 | 6.5.0-18-generic

Comment

I am using an Nvidia GTX 960 on my workstation, on another machine a GTX980ti, on another a GTX 1650. Different Nvidia cards. Same problem with Kubuntu installation with network enabled.

Comment

Working...
          X