Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Present Windows desktop effect, is there a way to reduce the dimness?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Present Windows desktop effect, is there a way to reduce the dimness?

In the desktop effects, the extremely useful "Present Windows" effect dims the windows. It's a cool effect but I have a problem when I have too many windows open, I cannot see things clearly and cannot quickly find the window I wanna change in to.

Here's an example printscreen:

My eyesight is not the best thing out there, so is there a way to reduce (or in alternative remove) the dim effect?

I couldn't find a setting for what you want but then I don't use Present Windows. I use plain Alt+Tab and also a bunch of keyboard shortcuts to bring windows of applications to the front using wmctrl.
    Attached Files
    Kubuntu 20.04

Comment

A wish: Bug 385522 - Present Windows: Don't darken all windows and denote selection some other way than restoring original lightness - https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=385522

A review request: Do not hardcode unhovered windows brightness on present windows effect - https://phabricator.kde.org/D8388
      Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
      1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
      2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

@chimak111 you use what shortcuts now? Wait, let me google that word "keyboard"...
        Ok got it, it's that thing my ZX Spectrum had!
        We're in 2018, only coders and kids who haven't bought a PlayStation yet to play games use keyboards.

Lol jockes aside (but not far from the truth at all...) it's way quicker to set Present Windows to a screen edge (I always set mine to the top screen edge since the Compiz times) and just hover the mouse to the top of the screen and choose the window I wanna change to. It takes less than a second and it's done even before a hand reaches the keyboard to try to hold the alt and the tab keys.
        Like most current technology users I'm not a (physical) keyboard guy, I only reach for it to write text if I have to.

@Rog131 I checked the links and that's exactly what I was seeking. I saw the video with the feature implemented but could not figure out if there is a way to get it working right away, for what I understood it's a future project, am I right?

Comment

Originally posted by pemartins View Post
          Like most current technology users I'm not a (physical) keyboard guy, I only reach for it to write text if I have to.
          We computers for very different purposes

If I understood your requirements, I wouldn't have suggested anything at all
          Kubuntu 20.04

Comment

Working...
          X