X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dolphin

Hi,
    I tried to send some files from my computer to my smartphone via Dolphin. But Dolphin does not recognize the smartphone drive. An error message says the drive does not exist. I remember former Dolphin was able to do that. So, I used PCManFM for the job and it worked fine. But how can I make Dolphin to do the job too?
    Kind regards,
    Sigurd

There's a bug in bionic's dolphin that gives spurious errors on mounting stuff. The error is a timing issue, and if you try again in dolphin it gets over it.

If your smartphone runs android, and it connects to the same LAN as Kubuntu, I suggest looking into KDE Connect. There's an app in the Play store.
    Regards, John Little

Comment

Hi jlittle,
      Thank you for your advice. My smartphone runs android 7 and I will try KDE Connect.
      Kind regards,
      Sigurd

Comment

If you have the default firewall, ufw, enabled, you may need to open a couple of ports as described in the trouble-shooting section of https://community.kde.org/KDEConnect
        Code:
        sudo ufw allow 1714:1764/udp
        sudo ufw allow 1714:1764/tcp
        sudo ufw reload
        Kubuntu 20.04

Comment

Hi chimak111,

I did the orders in the Konsole. Now Dolphin recognizes my smartphone. But when I click on the smartphone to go to the folders and files of it I still will get the attached message.

Kind regards,
          Sigurd
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Sigurd View Post
            Hi,
            I tried to send some files from my computer to my smartphone via Dolphin. But Dolphin does not recognize the smartphone drive. An error message says the drive does not exist. I remember former Dolphin was able to do that. So, I used PCManFM for the job and it worked fine. But how can I make Dolphin to do the job too?
            Kind regards,
            Sigurd
            This regression is annoying!! I get this after updating to 18.04 and till now it is not solved yet. As if no developer use Dolphin to transfer files to their andoird phone!!

however, as you said the workroudn is to install anthor file manger. I install nautilus and it is working perfectly.

Comment

Working...
            X