X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi guys, i have a question about Kdesudo, please help me

Hi,
    The order "kdesudo" goes not work with Kubuntu 18.04. How otherwise can I start software as super-administrator?
    Kind regards,
    Chrissanth12
    Last edited by Snowhog; Jun 27, 2018, 04:35 AM. Reason: Banned. Registered Spammer on Stop Forum Spam.

Which software and why? And what is "super-administrator"? Do you mean root? If you are new to Linux, please be aware you could accidentally do things while root that could destroy your system.

Anyway, what about sudo -H ...?
    Kubuntu 20.04

Comment

Never use kdesudo. Don't even have it installed. If I need to do root work I "sudo -i" to root and do it manually or, on occasions, use mc. If I want to edit config or text file that are owned by root I browse to it with Dolphin and right click on it and choose "Open with Kate". When I am done editing it I click the "save" menu option and I am asked for my password. I give it and the file is saved, still with root permissions. The only GUI apps I run as root are those which prompt me for my password (System Settings, KPGP, gufw, etc...). I never run user apps using sudo. That's a big no-no.
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
      – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Do note that if you need to edit files with sudo privileges using a gui program, you simply open them in Kate or Kwrite, edit them as needed, then save. You will be prompted for your password . No kdesudo needed.
        Granted, you can't yet do things such as delete files or folders, but you can edit and save existing files, as well as create a new text file and save it with admin privileges. It unfortunately is still a work in progress, but the Plasma devs are working on implementing more actions.

Comment

Working...
        X