This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blurry text when exiting from game and UI problems

Having a few problems with my KDE setup and hopefully someone can help.

1. Fonts go blurry when exiting from games.

When I exit out of a game, for example Prison Architect, Albion Online etc the entire interface and especially the fonts go very blurry. When I hover the mouse over a window the text clears up a little bit but remains blurry. Restarting my session (by logging out or reboot) returns fonts to normal until such time I exit a game again. Additionally, starting a game when the text is blurry restores the normal sharp text again. This only happens in KDE, other desktops such as Cinnamon and Mate do not suffer these issues.

2. Tray clock gets frozen

The clock in the tray will randomly just freeze up, not displaying the correct time. My timezone settings are all correct, I only have Linux on this PC and my system time is correct. Again, this problem only happens in KDE, other desktops don't have any issue displaying the correct time and when KDE often shows the correct time except when it decides to freeze. Restarting my session also temporarily corrects the problem until it decides to freeze again. It may possibly be related to 1 when it happens.

Note that the panel itself also has issues: some UI elements won't update properly and when you click an app a completely different app might pop up that you have running. Its very strange, as if it's failing to draw updates on my screen.

3. System Settings (and other KDE dialogs) will randomly stop functioning correctly

Sometimes KDE dialogs will stop functioning including not drawing UI elements and icons correctly. Closing the dialog and reopening it restores it to working status. Not as annoying as the first two problems, but still an issue. Could also possibly be related to problem 2.

What I have tried:

• I have 3 monitors (all 1080x1920) on an NVIDIA GTX 1070 on the 396.24.02 driver. I have tried earlier versions of the driver but the problem still exists on those too. Problem occurs on all monitors.
    • Tried resetting my /etc/X11/xorg.conf using the NVIDIA tools
    • Tried ForceCompositionPipeline and Force FullCompositionPipeline in my NVIDIA settings
    • Tried different themes
    • Tried screwing around with hinting style and settings
    • Tried manually setting my DPI settings

Hi, I have exactly the same problem.After playing a game I have every three symptoms.
    Kubuntu 18.04, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060, driver 390.77.
    LM

Comment

Twisty: Do you have FXAA antialiasing enabled? It looks like disabling helps.

Comment

Working...
      X