This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Korganizer reminder does not work

I have updated from 14.0.4 since then my calendar notification does not work anymore. I have already deleted korganizer configs and calendar and re-imported, without success. Korganizer notifications are activated in taskbar.

same problem here
    community is what will save us

Comment

I have the same problem. I checked some software versions on different distros:

Kubuntu 17.10: KDE Applications 17.04.2 doesn't work
      Kubuntu 17.04: KDE Applications 16.12.3 works
      Neon user edition 20171026: KDE Applications 17.08.2 works(!)

If you run korgac from terminal on Kubuntu 17.04, Neon there will be some lines starting with org.kde.akonadi.ETM: *
      If you run korgac on Kubuntu 17.10 there is nothing showing up.

Comment

https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=384212

now i wonder how i can get that fix.

Comment

Maybe you can test akonadi with that alleged fix backported?
          Code:
          sudo add-apt-repository ppa:rikmills/akonadi-bug
          sudo apt-get update
          sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
          If that fixes it, and you are able to comment on this bug:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...i/+bug/1730513

please do so.
          Last edited by acheron; Nov 06, 2017, 04:08 PM.
          On #kubuntu-devel & #kubuntu on libera.chat - IRC Nick: RikMills - Launchpad ID: click

Comment

After applying patch, restarting korgac and akonadi I confirm this patch restores Korganiser reminders.
            Thanks for the fix.

Comment

yes, it worked for me too. good job, Rik. thank you very much.

Comment

Thanks for testing.

I have uploaded the fix to the ubuntu development release: https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source....04.3-0ubuntu3

Once that gets out of proposed (or maybe before) I'll upload as a Stable Release Update candidate for Artful 17.04

with this already mentioned bug tracking that: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...i/+bug/1730513

Once done, I may pop back here and ask if people can test the upload from the main archive instead of my PPA build, to verify that. The actual build to go in the archive must be tested.

I may also put this in the main Kubuntu updates PPA in the meantime. Not 100% decided on that.
                On #kubuntu-devel & #kubuntu on libera.chat - IRC Nick: RikMills - Launchpad ID: click

Comment

Originally posted by acheron View Post
                  Once done, I may pop back here and ask if people can test the upload from the main archive instead of my PPA build, to verify that.
                  just give me the chance.

Originally posted by acheron View Post
                  I may also put this in the main Kubuntu updates PPA in the meantime. Not 100% decided on that.
                  sure. why not?

Comment

thanks, great work!

Comment

The patch worked for Ubuntu 17.10 running Gnome. Thanks!

Comment

I'd like to note a partial fix, but with problems. The fix restores pop-up reminders in Kubuntu 17.10, but the text of the reminders does not appear; only the general description.

The fix also interferes with Libreoffice Writer whereby the menu fonts appear very small and Libreoffice goes into a cycle of crashes on saving, followed by document recovery, only to be followed by a further crash on saving.

Writer cannot save anything, now. It's perhaps ironic that I discovered this by trying to record the thread in a Writer document! Oh well.

Comment

Originally posted by royleith View Post
                          I'd like to note a partial fix, but with problems. The fix restores pop-up reminders in Kubuntu 17.10, but the text of the reminders does not appear; only the general description.

The fix also interferes with Libreoffice Writer whereby the menu fonts appear very small and Libreoffice goes into a cycle of crashes on saving, followed by document recovery, only to be followed by a further crash on saving.

Writer cannot save anything, now. It's perhaps ironic that I discovered this by trying to record the thread in a Writer document! Oh well.
                          Is the directory you are trying to save to owned by root?
                          "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
                          – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

The directories I tried were all owned by user. I tried to reinstall Writer, but nothing changed.

BTW, it occurs to me that the Writer settings were from my user template, so it was not running as root.

Eventually, I purged all the installed LibreOffice elements, took the patch location out of the repository and installed LibreOffice. As far as I can tell, Writer is running just as I had it configured before applying the korganizer patch.

Whatever the issue, korganizer continues to pop-up reminders, although without the reminder text.
                            Last edited by royleith; Feb 27, 2018, 01:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by royleith View Post

Only akonadi is touched by the change, which libreoffice does not touch or use, so your issues with that are very likely to be coincidental.

Perhaps due to this? bugs.documentfoundation.org bug 98776 in Writer "file dialog crashes LibreOffice if libreoffice-kde4 installed ( Kubuntu 17.10 ) (workaround in comment 32)" [Normal,New]
                              Last edited by Snowhog; Feb 27, 2018, 09:09 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X