This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by M@GO LoBEL View Post
    It is a good idea to put this on The Kubuntu website under the known problems, so people can avoid it.
    Added that on the release notes last night.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ArtfulAardva...Known_Problems
    On #kubuntu-devel & #kubuntu on libera.chat - IRC Nick: RikMills - Launchpad ID: click

Comment

Originally posted by corwin78 View Post
      I can confirm, that commenting mentioned lines in /etc/pulse/default.pa fixed problem on my ThinkPad W520.
      Weird, I use a W520 and did not get audio problems (clean install, not an upgrade).

Comment

Same problem, same symptoms; commenting the recommended lines did the trick. Thanks, guys!

Comment

Me too. Thank you very much.

Comment

Ok I had the same problem: no audio after installing 17.10. Also, Windows complained when I booted in vbox - no driver or some such.

Did some googling and reading and trouble shooting.

Eliminated a h/w problem.

So s/w.

Finally I found that this is a known problem in Kubuntu 17.10. Turns out it's a configuration/timing problem and the sequence in which modules are loaded and a module is antiquated and some want to drop it, but others need it, etc, etc, etc. The developers were/are discussing who/what/when.

One bright soul found a solution with the system as is: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...o/+bug/1720519

To quote him"

I removed alsa and pulseaudio and reinstalled like this:

sudo apt-get remove --purge alsa-base pulseaudio

Now install again Alsa and Pulse Audio:

sudo apt-get install alsa-base pulseaudio

Then, reload Alsa:

sudo alsa force-reload
            Tried it and it worked fine. He also had to remove discord for skype and gamers (not a concern for me) and then it worked over a reboot also.

I haven't rebooted yet, if it persists maybe I'll write a script to do what he found and leave it at that and hope that the developers can agree on a solution by 18.04. They have a little over 3 months after all.

Ok - next day and booted this morning and tested sound. Sound ok. So the posted solution persists through a reboot.
            Last edited by geezer; Jan 08, 2018, 10:58 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X