X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Black screen after upgrade to 16.04

Hi,
    I have a double boot but that still works.
    After choosing Ubuntu I get the glowing kubuntu splash screen for a while then it turns black and then nothing else happens.
    I tried all the commands in the threads today that looked like my predicament without any success :
    Code:
    [FONT=Monospace]sudo apt -f install
    [FONT=Monospace]sudo dpkg --configure -a
    [FONT=Monospace]sudo do-release-upgrade
    [FONT=Monospace]sudo dpkg-reconfigure sddm[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
    Someone has an idea, please ?
    Kubuntu 13.04 (64b) - LDLC Aurore BB2-i5-8-S1 - Intel Core i5-2450M - 8 Go - SSD 128 Go - 15.6" LED - Graveur DVD Wi-Fi N/Bluetooth
    Office : Kubuntu 13.04 (64b) - PC tour LDLC PC Zi-Artist - i7-3770 @ 3.4/3.9Ghz - RAM 16Go - SSD 120Go - DD 3To - nVidia GEForce GT 640 1Go

Hello,<br>Back from vacations, I don't have the double boot anymore. Anyone available to guide me to recover Linux / KDE qhich is really my work environnement, please ?
    Kubuntu 13.04 (64b) - LDLC Aurore BB2-i5-8-S1 - Intel Core i5-2450M - 8 Go - SSD 128 Go - 15.6" LED - Graveur DVD Wi-Fi N/Bluetooth
    Office : Kubuntu 13.04 (64b) - PC tour LDLC PC Zi-Artist - i7-3770 @ 3.4/3.9Ghz - RAM 16Go - SSD 120Go - DD 3To - nVidia GEForce GT 640 1Go

Comment

When you say you no longer dual boot do you mean that your Windows partition starts automatically without showing the grub, even if you hold down the shift key while booting?
      OR,
      does the grub menu show and give you Kubuntu as an offering but when you select Kubuntu it won't boot so you are forced to boot into Windows?
      OR,
      neither Windows nor Kubuntu boot?

"A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
      – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Hi Greygeek,
        I practically solved my problems.
        The double boot was re-enacted after going in thE boot menu via F2 and selecting the SSD onto which kubuntu is installed
        startx in tty1 started the KDE GUI and I launched in a series of commands pertaining to upgrade and the KDE inteface, such as (in more or less random order) :
        Code:
        sudo dpkg-reconfigure lightdm
        sudo apt-get update
        sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
        and reinstallations via the muon interface of
        kde-runtime
        kubuntu-desktop

I stll have issues like my Knotes appearing black but I'll solve it for sure.
        Thanks for your helping hand.

Comment

Originally posted by pierpiotr View Post
          ... I stll have issues like my Knotes appearing black but I'll solve it for sure.
          Thanks for your helping hand.
          A rather laborious solution (one note at a time) is here.
          "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
          – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
          X