X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dolphin very slow to start

Hi,

Since installing Xenial, Dolphin is a very long start. I made a start in Konsole and I get the following messages before it stops for thirty seconds (approximately).

Code:
    maison@maison-h8-1022:~$ dolphin
    Invalid Context= "stock" line for icon theme:  "/usr/share/icons/ubuntu-mono-light/stock/16"
    Invalid Context= "stock" line for icon theme:  "/usr/share/icons/ubuntu-mono-light/stock/22"
    Invalid Context= "stock" line for icon theme:  "/usr/share/icons/ubuntu-mono-light/stock/24"
    Invalid Context= "stock" line for icon theme:  "/usr/share/icons/ubuntu-mono-light/stock/32"
    Invalid Context= "stock" line for icon theme:  "/usr/share/icons/ubuntu-mono-light/stock/48"
    Invalid Context= "stock" line for icon theme:  "/usr/share/icons/ubuntu-mono-light/stock/64"
    Invalid Context= "stock" line for icon theme:  "/usr/share/icons/ubuntu-mono-light/stock/128"

After long delay, the following lines appear and then the Dolphin window appears.

Code:
    QObject::connect: No such signal QDBusAbstractInterface::DeviceAdded(QString)
    QObject::connect: No such signal QDBusAbstractInterface::DeviceRemoved(QString
    Do you have any suggestions to correct the problem?

Thank

Pierre
    Last edited by PierreDeQuebec; May 02, 2016, 03:54 AM.

Try changing the Icon Theme you are using.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

It could be a corrupt icon cache. Try removing the file ~/.cache/icon-cache.kcache

I tried the Ubuntu-Mono-Light theme and got the same messages with no delay.
      If you're sitting wondering,
      Which Batman is the best,
      There's only one true answer my friend,
      It's Adam Bloody West!

Comment

Hello,

I tried your solutions. This has improved anything. I then renamed the .cache directory in .cache_old and restart my session. And it changed nothing. I also noticed a good slow deleting files. This was not the case before the update. By the way, I also have a problem of slowness in connection with Xenial. But with this problem, I would do another message.

Thank,

Pierre

Comment

Just curious ... what is the size of the partition you installed Kubuntu on and how much free space is left?
          "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
          – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Result of df in Konsole. As you can see, my ubuntu partition on sda5 still has 440 GO.

Sys. de fichiers blocs de 1K Utilisé Disponible Uti% Monté sur
            udev 5090052 0 5090052 0% /dev
            tmpfs 1021940 23068 998872 3% /run
            /dev/sda5 926197352 438512428 440613796 50% /
            tmpfs 5109680 332 5109348 1% /dev/shm
            tmpfs 5120 4 5116 1% /run/lock
            tmpfs 5109680 0 5109680 0% /sys/fs/cgroup
            cgmfs 100 0 100 0% /run/cgmanager/fs
            tmpfs 1021940 0 1021940 0% /run/user/115
            tmpfs 1021940 1 2 1021928 1% /run/user/1001
            tmpfs 1021940 20 1021920 1% /run/user/1000
            /dev/sda1 102396 31024 71372 31% /media/maison/SYSTEM
            /dev/sda2 988909424 166293760 822615664 17% /media/maison/OS

Comment

It's only Dolphin that does this?
              Are you accessing any remote drives that are slow / unavailable?
              It's Adam Bloody West!

Comment

Originally posted by elijathegold View Post
                It's only Dolphin that does this? Are you accessing any remote drives that are slow / unavailable?
                Gwenview do same thing. By the way, I'm sorry for formatting the output of df. It is difficult to read. I've attached a screenshot.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by PierreDeQuebec View Post
                  Gwenview do same thing. By the way, I'm sorry for formatting the output of df. It is difficult to read. I've attached a screenshot.
                  Too many or corrupted thumbnails maybe?
                  Using Dolphin remove the contents of ~/.cache/thumbnails and try again.
                  It's Adam Bloody West!

Comment

~/.thumbnails/normal/ = (23 515 files, 405,1 MO)
                    ~/.thumbnails/large/= ( 12 526 files, 793.2 MO)
                    ~/.thumbnails/fail/ Gimp-2.8/ = ( 1 files, 329 O)

I erased everything.

Thanks! That was the problem. My turtle turned into a hare!

N.B. I'd like to write [SOLVED] in the title, but I do not know how.
                    Last edited by PierreDeQuebec; May 01, 2016, 05:16 AM.

Comment

I noticed that you have already effectively deleted ~/.cache as that is the first approach I would take for such a problem. I am wondering if you have the folder ~/.kde/share/apps/dolphin. I have found that this folder is not necessary and can be deleted. I hope its presence is not causing this trouble.

I must say that I was a little puzzled by the file system that you are using, ie fuseblk. I found some information here and I hope that this is not the source of your trouble. I must confess that I use the EXT4 file system for my home partition which contains the settings for many applications.

Comment

Originally posted by NoWorries View Post
                        I noticed that you have already effectively deleted ~/.cache as that is the first approach I would take for such a problem. I am wondering if you have the folder ~/.kde/share/apps/dolphin. I have found that this folder is not necessary and can be deleted. I hope its presence is not causing this trouble.

I must say that I was a little puzzled by the file system that you are using, ie fuseblk. I found some information here and I hope that this is not the source of your trouble. I must confess that I use the EXT4 file system for my home partition which contains the settings for many applications.
                        I read that as having NTFS disks mounted under /media which shouldn't affect /home. As far as I can tell, /home appears to be on the / partition.
                        It's Adam Bloody West!

Comment

Entries fuse block are all connected to my Windows partition.

Comment

Working...
                          X