This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kdeconnect Android file access and notifications

kdeconnect is such a wonderful tool and works great for me, when it works.

Over a LAN connection, many times the notifications are not received reliably and file management is not accessable. In Dolphin file manager, I receive the following while trying to access a mated Android device:
    -----------------------------------
    Could not mount device.
    The reported error was:
    Could not mount device filesystem
    -----------------------------------

If there is any additional tests with their results or information I may provide, I would certainly do so if requested.

Sometimes it works great and then the above error. I restart the computer and the Android phone device. It may be available and then again not.

I feel the kdeconnect project is a wonderful tool and as we become to use our computer in companion with our mobile device, this project will become invaluable. I know it is a work in progress, but the basic functions of file management and notifications should be paramount in stability and reliability.

Thank you.

The only suggestion I have is to unpair devices if they are problematic, especially if there is an update to the kdeconnect desktop or the android client.

File management is the part that has just become usable for most people, so there may be bugs. I find that it acts differently across different hardware. My desktop with a usb wifi dongle often has a problem connecting with the phone when it is busy, ie the wifi is being used heavily. My laptop does not seem to have this problem, but I don't use it to stream youtube video, etc. so that might be a problem area.

Comment

Working...
    X