This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Noise canceling headset for Skype?

I Skype frequently with people in other countries for the purpose of learning to speak French and for helping them to learn English. I found it was easier to understand the other person if I use a computer headset (and ideally if the other person also uses one). However, sometimes there is noise elsewhere in the house here such as my roommate talking on the phone (he has a loud booming voice) or a dog barking. I was thinking of maybe using one of those noise canceling headsets that gamers use. They're not dirt cheap, so I wanted to investigate before giving one a try. I know there are headsets for pilots that cancel out noise. I wonder if a gamer's headset for a computer would do a great job canceling noise. I imagine many of these are USB-based or sound-port-based, just like other computer headsets. Do I have to be careful to get one that will work in Linux or will pretty much anything on the market work? Do you think they'll do a good job blocking the noise in this household?
    Kubuntu 22.04 (desktop & laptop), Windows 7 &2K (via VirtualBox on desktop PC)
    ================================
Working...
X