Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Solved] Transparent background in Konsole?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Solved] Transparent background in Konsole?

I've read there was an old topic regarding this missing or non-working feature of Konsole and I was wondering why it doesn't work as expected. I even read a message telling me that my desktop seems not to be able to support it. That's weird, you know, because in Xubuntu I can easily setup terminal windows background transparency. I mean, if Xubuntu was installed on the same machine but a different partition and was able to show window transparency, why Konsole cannot do the same? Is it impossible if we're not using Compiz or some other effects manager?
    Multibooting: Kubuntu Noble 24.04
    Before: Jammy 22.04, Focal 20.04, Precise 12.04 Xenial 16.04 and Bionic 18.04
    Win XP, 7 & 10 sadly
    Using Linux since June, 2008

Re: Transparent background in Konsole?

First, do you have Desktop Effects enabled? Assuming you do, then Konsole background transparency works - I'm using it. Assuming that you do have Desktop Effects enabled, open a console. Click on Settings > Edit Current Profile... > Appearance > Edit... and adjust Background transparency
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I did that and setup the background transparency to 100 and konsole still looks TOO opaque... What's happening here? It's weird...
      Win XP, 7 & 10 sadly

Comment

100%! That sets your Konsole background to fully transparent. I have mine set to 20%.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

transparency set to 73%

http://xs.to/image-9687_4BF3063F.jpg

Notice that the konsole background colour has an effect on the final transparency setting. In my case it was white text on black background.
          Blow out the candles on all my frankensteins.

Comment

I forgot to mention this issue was solved already hehehe.
            Win XP, 7 & 10 sadly

Comment

Re: [Solved] Transparent background in Konsole?

Mines has blurr
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X