Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

plasma-systemmonitor processes view has no download column

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    plasma-systemmonitor processes view has no download column

    Hi there

    In Kubuntu, plasma-systemmonitor processes view has no "Download Speed" nor "Upload Speed" column.
    I see that in Manjaro, the "Download Speed" / "Upload Speed" columns are present.
    Am I missing something? Is it a package to install or some configuration to do?

    Thank you

    #2
    Right click on the column header somehere and find settings to add and configure things.

    Manjaro customizes things while Kubuntu mostly sticks to stock Plasma settings and layouts.
    I'll ask Jeeves

    Comment


      #3
      Yes I am aware that we can customize the columns but in Kubuntu I don’t see neither of "Download Speed" nor "Upload Speed" offered as an option to add.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by Aroun View Post
        plasma-systemmonitor processes view has no "Download Speed" nor "Upload Speed" column.
        Well, it (System Monitor > Processes) does here (running Kubuntu 22.10, KDE Plasma Version 5.25.5). What version of Kubuntu are you running? What version of KDE Plasma?
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holme

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
          What version of Kubuntu are you running? What version of KDE Plasma?
          Stock Kubuntu 22.04 LTS with its Plasma 5.24 won't have these as options in the System Monitor. One would need to upgrade Plasma to get this.
          I am going to assume that Plasma 5.25 has finally made it out of Testing on Manjaro, else it would not have these columns available, or the OP is running using Testing or Unstable repos on their Manjaro system.
          Last edited by claydoh; Sep 23, 2022, 05:28 AM.
          I'll ask Jeeves

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
            Well, it (System Monitor > Processes) does here (running Kubuntu 22.10, KDE Plasma Version 5.25.5). What version of Kubuntu are you running? What version of KDE Plasma?
            Wow, great, thank you. So I will patiently wait for the official release of 22.10. I am currently on 22.04.

            Originally posted by claydoh View Post
            Stock Kubuntu 22.04 LTS with its Plasma 5.24 won't have these as options in the System Monitor. One would need to [url=https://kubuntu.org/news/plasma-5-25-for-jammy-22-04-available-via-ppa/upgrade Plasma[/url] to get this.
            I am going to assume that Plasma 5.25 has finally made it out of Testing on Manjaro, else it would not have these columns available, or the OP is running using Testing or Unstable repos on their Manjaro system.​
            Oh nice, I didn’t know Kubuntu offered that PPA. I’ll wait for the official release of 22.10.
            Thank you.

            EDIT: This possibility to get the latest Plasma release ahead of the next Kubuntu release makes me love Kubuntu even more. Thank you all.
            Last edited by Aroun; Sep 23, 2022, 03:42 AM.

            Comment

            Working...
            X