Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When receiving kMails, a box appears requiring Username and Password?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When receiving kMails, a box appears requiring Username and Password?

A google search found info relating to the Password Manager. One post read as follows:

.At one point, I deleted my wallet and then KMail started asking me for my mail server password every time I want to receive e-mails. It states "You are asked here because the wallet password storage is disabled". I have tried to re-enable the wallet, creating and enabling a new one, but KMail refuses to use it. How to get KMail to use it again? I have not found a solution anywhere to this.

Under KMail Receiving account settings, the Password field is greyed out and says "Wallet disabled in system settings". I don't see any relevant settings in KMail's configuration files in ~/.kde/share/apps/kmail2, ~/.kde/share/config/kmail-migratorrc, ~/.kde/share/config/kmail.eventsrc and ~/.kde/share/config/kmail2rc.

This appears to be my problem. The solution was as follows:

Solved this. I found out that I have two kwalletrc files, one under ~/.config and another under ~/.kde/share/config. The one under .kde showed the wallet as disabled (enabled=false), I changed this to "true" and then KMail started using the wallet again. Is it normal to have two kwalletrc files and perhaps I should just delete one?

I do not understand how to find those files. I have included the option for opening hidden files, but /.kde or /.config files do not appear. Shab
Working...
X