X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

borked login?? [SOLVED]

BELIEVE!!
    in a root/failsafe session, I got into my email via webmail, first message was an ubuntu-ca list digest, with others in the same predicament AND the fix- removing the recent language-pack-kde-en-base and language-pack-kde-en "upgrade(s)- all back up and running- and I'm a happy camper again: _finally_ it wasn't _my_ fault :-)

7.10 / 3.5.9
    I had a pwd-required blank-screen screensaver on a 5 min trigger- upped it to 30 two days ago, then noticed yesterday it wasn't going to screen saver at all.

I have six desktops running, went to an empty one, right-clicked on desktop, clicked on <configure desktop> to an instantaneous totally unresponsive black screen.

<Ctrl-Alt-bkspace> took me back to the log-in splash, it takes password, starts the default startscreen. At second icon (Starting System Services) it freezes for a few seconds, goes black and sends me back to the log-in splash.

I have tried to restart it many times with no change. Esc out of grub and chose <failsafe> which is up and running right now with no apparent problems

tried to logout and login as user, right back to the System Services freeze and kickback to log-in splash.

I have no clue how to trouble shoot this to see what the problem is, and am once again begging This Illustrious Group [tm] for help in sorting it out

any takers?
    WE&#39;RE ALL BETTER OFF WHEN WE&#39;RE ALL BETTER OFF<br />User # 17645
Working...
X