This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Floppy0 Mount Problems

I will start by admitting that I am new to Kubuntu. I have also used the 'search utility and received ten threads in response, none of which was an answer to my problem. I have installed Kubuntu 5.10 and so far, the only problems that I am having are the ones encountered in mounting storage devices: cdrom0, cdrom1 and fd0. My /etc/fstab was (before I messed with it):

# /etc/fstab: static file system information.
    #
    # <file system> <mount point> <type> <options> <dump> <pass>
    proc /proc proc defaults 0 0
    /dev/hda1 / ext3 defaults,errors=remount-ro 0 1
    /dev/hda5 none swap sw 0 0
    /dev/hdb /media/cdrom0 udf,iso9660 user,noauto 0 0
    /dev/scd0 /media/cdrom1 udf,iso9660 user,noauto 0 0
    /dev/fd0 /media/floppy0 auto rw,user,noauto 0 0

The last line is now:

/dev/fd0 /media/floppy0 devfs 0 0
    /dev/fd0 /media/floppy0 auto ,atime,noauto,rw,nodev,exec,suid,users

I have tried to return it to what it was in the start by going thru the Menu >System Settings>Disk and File System, clicking on Administrator, logging in my user password and making changes there. I was permitted to mess it up and it will not permit me to change it back. When I check the radio button, It will not allow me to save the changes by reason of not having write permission.

Using the Konsole and command line, I've tried using sudo mount /dev/fd0 /media/floppy0 and it asks me for a file system.
    Then I try sudo mount autofs /dev/fd0 /media/floppy0 and it still asks me for the file system. Then I try sudo mount -t ext2fs /dev/fd0 /media.floppy0 and it starts in about a bad block etc.

I apologize for the length of my post but I am hopeful that some of it may result in someone being able to help me. I appreciate any and all help. Thank you.

Theronsson
Working...
X