This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sporadic problems with KFN

I am aware of the sporadic problems being experienced by our members here in KFN, and I have made our host, Open Source, aware of them. Some of the problems I am able to fix and do. Some are just not fixable within the framework of the OS and version of vBulletin and mySQL we are currently using. The only real fix is the upgrading of vBulletin to version 5 (currently 5.6.4). As previously reported, that is in the works. Open Source just has to find the time to do so. Unlike some/many of us here in KFN, he has a real life and real responsibilities. Those take precedence over KFN.

When we do finally move over to vBulletin 5, there will be unavoidable changes, as vBulletin 5 is a lot different than vBulletin 4. All of the MODs we are using now will not work, so won't be included. So for as long as we are still running on vBulletin 4.2.5, we all just have to put up with the sporadic problems that crop up. Report them to me or the other Admins, and if it is something that can be fixed, I'll fix it.

Thank you all for your understanding and continued support of KFN.

Snowhog
    Last edited by Snowhog; Mar 14, 2021, 02:44 PM.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes
Working...
X