This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mounting crypted USB devices

Behavior of the USB panel in plasma seems to have changed sometimes between 18.04 and 19.10 (I did not use 19.04, so I cannot tell about that one). This means at least what encrypted partitions are concerned.

While it was possible in 18.04 to open Dolphin for encrypted partitions (after mounting them by clicking on the insert icon) by clicking on the entry for the partition in the panel again, this does not work anymore in 19.10 at least on my install.

After clicking on the insert icon the mount seems to hang (the text below the line which visualizes progress says "is about to be mounted ..." (my English translation of what I see in German). However, the partition actually is mounted mounted in /media/$[USER} . I am a quite experienced user of Linux (mostly kubuntu), I was confused in the beginning because I thought kubuntu refuses to mount the partition until I found that it actually was mounted.

It would be more that desirable that the panel behaves similar (except of course for asking for the passphrase) for encrypted and non-encrypted partitions, which is right now not the case.

For non-encrypted partitions, when the device is mounted one can click on the entry and the entry expands to show an option to start Dolphin for displaying the content of the partition. This is not the case for encrypted partitions where the entry seems to suggest that mounting hangs ...
Working...
X