This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[PLASMA 5] Mouse curser locks with two mouses attached

Operating System: Kubuntu 20.04 (Desktop)
    KDE Plasma Version: 5.18.5
    KDE Frameworks Version: 5.68.0
    Qt Version: 5.12.8
    Kernel Version: 5.4.0-89-generic
    OS Type: 64-bit

Normally have a PS/2 mouse attached without problem.
    Recently added a USB mouse at the same time to be able to change hands for the mouse more easily.
    The dual combination works for a while (may be hours or sometimes days.. although on each day the computer is on only a few hours) then suddenly in an instance when I try to move the mouse, the cursor gets stuck in a corner of the desktop. It may be top left or bottom right, while the cursor was not in a corner in the first place. There is no way it would come unstuck without disconnecting one or both mouses from the computer.
    On occasions in addition to the cursor being stuck, all open windows start flashing on and off and the key board would not work in this situation as well. Then I have to unplug both mouses and re-plug only one for the computer to start working normally.
    I don't quite know what triggers it, but usually it seems just moving a mouse or clicking it triggers the problem.
    The system works well and none of the above happens while there is only one mouse connected.
    I am guessing there is a software bug - but I don't know what it relates and where to report it.

When the problem occurs the automatic bug report doesn't send a report; maybe it too freezes. In addition, sometimes there is a crash in one or two other systems after the mouse problem.
    How can it be fixed?
Working...
X