This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Win10 exposes M$oft's arrogance!

I Run Kubuntu (15.04, amd64) in a second primary partition on the main H/D. I install Grub on this partition, and use a SuperGrub CD to boot it. This leaves the original 'doze booting when there's no SuperGrub CD, and also available with it. All stable and working fine - until Up?grade to Win10. That upgraded my Win7 fine, no issues. Then I re-booted with the SuperGrub CD in the drive - guess what? Boot straight into Win10! ARROGANCE! I have to use the Function key at boot to BIOS-select the CD. + + + Re-do from start +++ (Read some Discworld )

Second issue: I use the 'doze for storage too - and need access from Kubi-wan. No probs? Not so! If Win10 is not shut down cleanly (easy to do - the screen is shut down before the file system is finalised ) the 'doze is left in an "unsafe state", and it won't mount.+ + + Re-do from start +++ again!

Moral: Wait for something that works. It's a faint hope, but M$ need to realise that computers are NOT just hardware to run their $oftware.
    Last edited by Fester Bestertester; Sep 05, 2015, 04:34 PM.
Working...
X