Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dual Monitors Stuck in Mirror Mode - Worked Before I Disabled the Secondary Screen

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dual Monitors Stuck in Mirror Mode - Worked Before I Disabled the Secondary Screen

Hi, Everyone... I am running Kubuntu 18.04 and the experience has been excellent. Recently, I switched to dual monitors for a document task (27" Samsung and 24" ASUS), and I was able to have different desktop backgrounds, and the mouse cursor traveled from the left edge of primary monitor to the right edge of the secondary monitor w/o a hitch.

Without giving it much thought I disabled the secondary monitor because I was not using it currently. Upon the next reboot the monitors were locked in a kind of mirrored mode where the cursor does not exit and the secondary screen just mimicks the primary. I can see nothing in the display settings to get around this loop. (I should add that in Ubuntu Mate I can use the monitors outside of a mirrored mode, and each has independent function.)

Does anyone have any idea how I could restore the functionality of the secondary screen where it is just not simply locked to what is on the primary?

Thanks so much for any help... C.

Update: In display settings I no longer have an option to select the secondary screen--i.e., I can not disable the secondary screen because I can not select it; I do retain the option for switching primary screens.
    Last edited by Casparov; Jun 29, 2018, 03:40 PM.
Working...
X