Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest KDE/Kubuntu Update Using To Much CPU?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Latest KDE/Kubuntu Update Using To Much CPU?

After the latest KDE update to 14.04 Kubuntu "Xorg" has been using an average constant 20% of CPU per core of Intel Dual Core. Which equates to average of 40% combined. Not good!

Also, not sure if normal, "Kwin" averaging a constant 6% of CPU. It appears something is amiss in KDE Update.

I have tried -installed 14 different Linux Distro's over the last two years dual booting on my iMac and have yet to find a Distro and Necassary Complementing Applications to suffice.

Also, there always seems to be some catastrophic failure or an unacceptable bug after updates on or of Distro's.

The Applications in Repositories or either abandon or out dated -not latest iteration and have unorthodox and extremely difficult user interface. Number One deficit to necassary Applications, is more than barely adequate Backup/Clone Applications and no Bootable Backup Applications.

I was hoping to replace OS X with Linux, but looks like an impossibility any time soon. Sorry I diverted away from immediate problem, but thought a brief history pertinent and hoping for insight. Constant issues very discouraging and excessive... amounts of time for naught. Free can be the most costly and terribly frustrating in my experience. Had high hopes for Kubuntu, oh well fading fast. Because this issue if not corrected or correctable makes it unusable.
Working...
X