Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

gnome application plaform, three version?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gnome application plaform, three version?

Hi, i have a newbie question. =)

I have seen that I have three Gnome Application Platform packages installed (44,45,46).

My question is, why do I have three and why can't I uninstall the previous ones?​

Aborted due to failure (Can't remove org.gnome.Platform/x86_64/44, it is needed for: com.neatdecisions.Detwinner, page.codeberg.libre_menu_editor.LibreMenuEditor)
    thank u

The message tells you why: you have apps that are using them. Either they haven't been updated by whoever packaged them (either through neglect or simply no new app version release), or newer versions introduced bugs or incompatibilities, things along those lines.

Comment

This is a special situation if you use Snaps or Flatpaks.
      Different Snap or Flatpak programs can require different versions of e.g. something like the GNOME application platform (which are then also installed as Snaps or Flatpaks).
      claydoh has already explained what to do: if there is something like "Can't remove …" in the output, then there very probably is a program that still needs it - leave it be installed.

If you want to double-check:
      For Flatpaks you can flatpak uninstall --unused in the Konsole terminal emulator to get rid of old unneeded "support stuff". This will be automated and integrated in a future version of Flatpak/the Discover software center.

I unfortunately don't know of anything similar for Snaps.
      Last edited by Schwarzer Kater; Apr 27, 2024, 09:04 AM. Reason: addition
      Debian KDE & LXQt • Kubuntu & Lubuntu • openSUSE KDE • Windows • macOS X
      Desktop: Lenovo ThinkCentre M75s • Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro 13" • and others

get rid of Snap script (20.04 +)reinstall Snap for release-upgrade script (20.04 +)
      install traditional Firefox script (22.04 +)​ • install traditional Thunderbird script (24.04)

Comment

Schwarzer Kater As it may provide you with inspiration, look at this thread on ask Ubuntu.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Thank you very much!

I hope Canonical will integrate this in snapd one day so you don't have to e.g. use a third-party Python script or do it with more than one command…
          Debian KDE & LXQt • Kubuntu & Lubuntu • openSUSE KDE • Windows • macOS X
          Desktop: Lenovo ThinkCentre M75s • Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro 13" • and others

get rid of Snap script (20.04 +)reinstall Snap for release-upgrade script (20.04 +)
          install traditional Firefox script (22.04 +)​ • install traditional Thunderbird script (24.04)

Comment

https://flathub.org/apps/com.neatdecisions.Detwinner
            Old
            https://flathub.org/apps/page.codebe...ibreMenuEditor
            Not old

Comment

Working...
            X