Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Update kubuntu 23.04 to 23.10. But now I get an error Firefox and Opera don´t work fine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update kubuntu 23.04 to 23.10. But now I get an error Firefox and Opera don´t work fine

Update kubuntu 23.04 to 23.10. But now I get an error (it shows the pixelated screen and doesn't see anything) in both the Firefox and Opera browsers. I removed (remove purge firefox) and reinstalled but still with the same error. Any ideas. I clarify that Chrome works fine.

Welcome.

Firefox Snap, Flatpak or the "traditional" version from Mozilla.org?
    Opera Snap, Flatpak or the .deb version from opera.com?

Did you try creating a new user and testing it there?
    Last edited by Schwarzer Kater; Nov 06, 2023, 12:23 PM.
    Debian KDE & LXQt • Kubuntu & Lubuntu • openSUSE KDE • Windows • macOS X
    Desktop: Lenovo ThinkCentre M75s • Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro 13" • and others

get rid of Snap script (20.04 +)reinstall Snap for release-upgrade script (20.04 +)
    install traditional Firefox script (22.04 +)​ • install traditional Thunderbird script (24.04)

Comment

Thank Schwarzer Kater, It didn't work with snap, I uninstalled and reinstalled the entire Kubuntu OS
      Thank you for your contribution.

Comment

I installed 23.10 as a totally new install. The Firefox ends up totally pixelated
        To fix this I needed to remove the package in "Discover", then used "apt list" to make sure it had gone away.
        Then go to the mozilla site and get the "current" version and follow the instructions to install on Ubuntu.
        This installs to /opt/firefox
        Then includes a step to create a symbolic link to /usr/local/bin

No more ghastly pixels.

Comment

Or you could just use the install traditional Firefox script that is linked in my signature.
          Debian KDE & LXQt • Kubuntu & Lubuntu • openSUSE KDE • Windows • macOS X
          Desktop: Lenovo ThinkCentre M75s • Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro 13" • and others

get rid of Snap script (20.04 +)reinstall Snap for release-upgrade script (20.04 +)
          install traditional Firefox script (22.04 +)​ • install traditional Thunderbird script (24.04)

Comment

Working...
          X