Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it possible to add Link speed in System Monitor?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • claydoh
    replied
    Originally posted by vanadiumboy View Post
    Link speed is the speed of the connection. For example, if your router supports a 100 Mbps connection, you can plug your PC to it using a cat 5e and it will show 100 Mbps.
    If the router, your NIC support 1 Gbps connection, and you use a cat 5e cable, it will show 1 Gbps.


    Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20240818_114224.png Views:	0 Size:	344.2 KB ID:	681861

    I don't see an option to display this info, all the options seem to be for info about the actual connection, not the hardware specs.

    Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20240818_115725.png Views:	0 Size:	221.6 KB ID:	681862
    Last edited by claydoh; Aug 25, 2024, 03:55 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • vanadiumboy
    replied
    Link speed is the speed of the connection. For example, if your router supports a 100 Mbps connection, you can plug your PC to it using a cat 5e and it will show 100 Mbps.
    If the router, your NIC support 1 Gbps connection, and you use a cat 5e cable, it will show 1 Gbps.

    I am not talking about the internet download speed or speed testing with Ookla and such.

    Leave a comment:


  • oshunluvr
    replied
    What is "Link Speed" ??

    Do you mean network connection speed? If so, that's not a "fixed" number. You can test your speed capacity on Ookla. Current speed depends on your actual activity. It's shown in the "Networks" system tray tool.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20240805_102635.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	38.3 KB
ID:	681667​

    Leave a comment:


  • Is it possible to add Link speed in System Monitor?

    Hello,
    Is it possible to add Link speed in System Monitor?

    I have Kubuntu 22.04
    It comes with System Monitor
    When I open it, it shows the Overview section.
    In Overview, I have “Networks” and “Network Rates”.
    How can I add the link speed here?


    There is also the Info Center that comes by default with Kubuntu 22.04
    It has a network section but it just shows IPv4 and IPv6 information. The network name. The IP address, mask, type, state = Up.


    There is the Control Panel (System Settings). They call it connections.
    I see my wired connection there. Oddly enough, it does not give any information.

    I was able to find that on the system tray, near the clock, there is the network icon.
    I can click on my connection, click on Details and here, it shows the Link speed.

    Thanks.​

Users Viewing This Topic

Collapse

There are 0 users viewing this topic.

Working...
X