This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broadcom 43142 wireless support successful install

I have discussed this chip/driver in a previous thread, to which I now cannot add a comment:
    https://www.kubuntuforums.net/showthread.php/74891-Workaround-to-install-Broadcom43142-driver-from-Live-USB?p=428766&viewfull=1#post428766

I'm starting this new thread about the chip because I am now able to use it. This is good.

As of this morning, I again tested the use of the proprietary Broadcom driver offered from the driver manager. BCM43142
    Previously, this had failed to install (see the prior thread, above).
    Today, it works... No clue as to why, except that there have been many updates/upgrades to the OS and kernel on this machine in the last three years.

When I selected the option to "Use Broadcom 802.11 Linux STA wireless driver source from bcmwl-kernel-source (proprietary)', some code was downloaded and I was then able to create a wifi connection using wlo1.

If anyone else has had this driver fail to install, you might try reinstalling. My system configuration is in my signature line.

Reply not needed, this is just an advisory. I'm a happy camper now.
    Kubuntu 23.11 64bit under Kernel 6.8.7, Hp Pavilion, 6MB ram. All Bow To The Great Google... cough, hack, gasp.
Working...
X