This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

locale setting problem

Could somebody help me understand what is the installer doing when it's setting the language and the time zone? ...and most importantly how can these settings be undone after installation?

I have tried several installs on kubuntu and I also tried it on ubuntu. Same thing happens:

If i choose *no localization* in the first screen for language setting, after the installation, the "locale" command outputs "C" on all items. This is fine and so far expected.

Now, in KDE if I go to System Settings > Regional & Language and if I click "Select system language" i first get the kdesudo login and then nothing.
    Same with Ubuntu.

I have installed the language-pack-en and language-pack-kde-en and still no change in behaviour. The only thing that happened is that now, I can choose betw British and US English in KDE. Clicking "Change system language" still produces nothing.
    Ubuntu has no change after installing the language packs.

So it appears that there is no way to change the locale from GUI once you chose no localization during install. It does work fine if you choose English on the first screen.

To restate my question: What settings/commands does ubiquity do for locales and timezone and how can they be undone/changed after install?

Working...
X