This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Download Dialog Box

After downloading a file with any browser on Gnome Ubuntu or any other operating system for that matter, double-clicking the file in the browser's downloads dialog automatically opens the file inside the application its associated with. This is not so with Kubuntu which opens a dialog asking you to choose an application to open the file with. And if you choose to select an application, instead of a list of applications to choose from, you are presented with open file dialog asking you to navigate through the file system to find the application's executable you are looking for. For average users (the majoring out there) this is lousy. And that common files such as PDFs, Word or OpenOffice.org file are not automatically opened is somewhat disappointing.

Please kubuntu developers don't take this the wrong way, I am just try to highlight some of the current rough edges that we all hope will be polished in future releases. I have been a Gnome Ubuntu user for quite some time now. I now run both Gnome and KDE versions of ubuntu and definitely feel much more drawn towards the KDE version. Keep up the good work and THANKS.
Working...
X