This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kde4 external monitor

kde4 loads fine with my external monitor on my eee-pc... sometimes I have to turn the monitor on, then off but that is fine.

There are some anomalies like the panel only goes 2/3 the way across the external monitor, and it appears as if the 800x480 desktop is "on top of" the 1280x1024.

The configuration works well enough for now but where does kde4 "store" the temporary configuration files, since there are no changes to xorg.conf? I'd like to take a look at them and try to configure my xorg.cong (I'll try AGAIN) so that I can use systemsettings -->display. I can't go into systemsettings -->display or the whole thing goes "kablewee" and resolution drops to 480x320 or something like that. None of the tools fix it and I end up having to reboot and restore my original xorg.conf. This latter thing is only an issue with kde4. Kde3 loads fine. I do find my temp runs a bit lower due to the fact that kde4 seems to use fewer resources.

The last update did something so my monitors do not poweroff. Of course, access to that is in systemsettings --> display.
Working...
X