This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Observation on D3lphin & unresponsive system

When I upgraded to Feisty some time ago I was disappointed with D3lphin (Dolphin). It seemed like a giant's step back from Konqueror. Anyway, I put up with it as my default file GUI.

Then I noticed that progressively over the several days the system would become more and more unresponsive. To a point where I had to reboot. The problem seemed to be Firefox using up more and more of the CPU resources. Posts from others seemed to confirm this.

A few days ago I had enough and was about to give up on Firefox. But Dolphin did something that really annoyed me, so I decided to default Konqueror as the file explorer. This at a point were it was taking tens of seconds to open forms on the KDE desktop.

Since then the unresponsiveness issues have stopped. Interestingly Firefox is now using < 10% CPU, even with several tabs open.

I don't know if above is coincidence or if I've hit on something. Nevertheless, worth a try if something is chewing up your resources to a point where the system is almost unusable.

Cheers

Working...
X