X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting Kubuntu 64-bit to work with M2N32-SLi Deluxe w/Realtek 8187 chipset

Hi,

I was just wondering. I got my system to work with Kubuntu 7.04 32-bit Desktop.

However, I would like to get it to work with the 64-bit distro.

When I was working with someone who is a Linux guru (PhD, Linux instructor, etc), he was even stumped.

I had the x64 driver from Realtek for Windows in ndiswrapper 1.28, wpa_supplicant installed, and all .conf files done to spec by several sources.

In dmesg, I was receiving all sorts of "atomic" errors from wpa_supplicant.

Anyone have any ideas? The Linux guru I've been consulting is stumped...and so am I, after hours and hours of googling the web and reading countless articles and forums.

I am eager to, by the end of the year, have all of my machines dual-boot if not totally off of Windows and would love to have my AMD64x2 system running 64-bit. I already converted my music editing machine to a media-focused distro, and will be researching to see if Linksys has router-controlling software for Linux so that I can convert my router PC to Linux as well...probably Kubuntu...and, wireless is the only option for my systems other than the router PC (such as my AMD64x2 box).

Any help that could be given would be much appreciated. Thank you.

jck
Working...
X