This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows XP ate Kubuntu?

Alright, I have been running Kubuntu 7.04 for some time, but I'm still pretty much a beginner. I originally wanted to dual-boot with Win XP. But there arose some inconsequential issues, which necessitated the use of a blank HDD for Kubuntu. I put my Win HDD in storage, but I began to miss the larger storage space of the other HDD, and some important files (though I greatly prefer Kubntu). I configured it to be a slave, plugged it in with the secon port on the ribbon cable, and booted. It started trying to boot to Kubuntu, and it said something to the effect of, "Error: hda1 has been mounted 24 times without a check. Check forced." The it said, "Logical error" and then some numerical code(there was the percent of the scan completed listed after the first error messages, but not the proceeding ones. About 14%.). It went on to list (approximately) 30 to 50 other logical errors. It told me to run fsck, which failed. I rebooted, and this time it said, "Error: hda1 contains a file system with errors. Check forced." Then it had all the logical errors with the percent by the first error again. This kept going until I disconnected the Kubuntu drive, configured the XP HDD to be master, and booted from it (Kubuntu HDD still disconnected.). So that's where I am now. Please help! :
Working...
X