Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to make integrated soundcard active(default) when USB soundcard is unpluged?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to make integrated soundcard active(default) when USB soundcard is unpluged?

Hi everyone.

I need your advice on how to activate (or make default) integrated sound card when the USB sound card is unplugged.

Now I have Creative's Xmod USB sound card and integrated Intel HDA, I configured the Xmod to get 0 (zero) index and Intel HDA to get 1 index no.
    So the Xmod is the default sound card. Everything is fine (knob is is working, laptop volume and mute buttons are working too) until I unplug Xmod. I restart Kmix, Amarok and then I'm unable to change volume , mute sound with Xmod's knob, laptop's sound control buttons doesn't work - I get the "It seem that KMix is not running", but I can control sound with Amarok's or Kmix's slider.
    So I have sound, I can control it with KMix or application's volume controls, but laptop sound control buttons don't work.

I got impression that laptop buttons are connected to the default sound card - the one with index No 0.

Can anyone suggest how to solve that ? The use case:

1. I have Xmod plugged in - I can control sound with Xmod's/laptop's buttons.
    2. I remove Xmod - the Intel HDA "takes-over" and I still can control sound with Xmod's/laptop's buttons.

Thank you in advance,

ArtBar.
Working...
X