X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to save xsetwacom settings in xorg conf

Hey guys,

I'm fairly new to Linux and not sure how to approach this. Since KDE doesn't offer GUI configuration for my Wacom tablet it seems, I have to configure it with xsetwacom, which works fine. But it loses my settings after rebooting.
    With some googling and trying to crawl my way through man pages, I figured out I'd have to save my settings under /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/50-wacom.conf to apply them at startup.

I probably did something wrong in my 50-wacom.conf file though, since after saving it and rebooting, my system wouldn't boot and I'd get stuck at a blinking underscore, so I went into recovery and moved it out and to my home folder. At least I can boot again now. Here's the file:

Code:
    Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier "Wacom class options"
    Driver "wacom"
    MatchProduct "Wacom Intuos S 2 Pen stylus"
    Option "MapToOutput" "HEAD-0"
    EndSection
    Would be neat to not have to type my xsetwacom command each time I want to work with my tablet.

Help would much appreciated, thanks in advance!

EDIT:
    Found a dirty solution that works for now. The problem causing my system to not boot was that the wacom driver doesn't work with MatchProduct in the xorg config. It also doesn't support MapToOutput as an option in the file, while xsetwacom does.

While probably not the cleanest solution, I appended "xsetwacom set 'Wacom Intuos S 2 Pen stylus' MapToOutput HEAD-0" to my ~/.profile file so the command runs at startup. Works for now!
Working...
X