X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• seascape
    replied
    This is a really annoying bug. I'm tempted to enable auto-mounting to see if that makes a difference even though that's not a setting I'd normally want enabled. I'm really sick of the "Malformed URL" messages.

Leave a comment:

• kc1di
    replied
    Yep it's still a bug

Leave a comment:

• Mister Pi
    replied
    The same thing happens to me about a third of the time. If I then click OK on the error box, the "open with file manager" option (and all the others) disappear from the Device Notifier popup, But the device is still there, with the "2 actions for this device" (or whatever your number is) visible. If I click on that, I get the options again, and clicking on the "open with file manager" option always works the second time.

So maybe there's a timing issue, where the option appears before it's really ready?

Leave a comment:

• daemon
    replied
    Hello again. Sorry to spam the forum with many questions. I found the following pages bug reports.

1. https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...d/+bug/1762163
    2. https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=370975

In the second link there is comment #50 from David Edmundson and mentions a commit that fixed this issue in the master branch in the "solid" repository on 2 May 2018. Now to be frank I have no idea how (k)ubuntu get the code and produce their packages, but shouldn't this commit theoretically have been already included in the Kubuntu 18.04 updates?

Leave a comment:

• daemon
    replied
    Hello again. What is the appropriate place to report this issue so that it catches the developers attention? I would really like this to be fixed.

Leave a comment:

• jglen490
    replied
    Originally posted by kilgoretrout View Post
    Since I've been running linux since 2002(Mandrake 8.2) and kde since the 2.0 days, I don't think I'm in any danger of being afraid of Kubuntu. Back then, if you wanted to mount a flash drive you did it at the command line, and we liked it! Now, you kids get off my lawn.
    Yep, did lots of things on the command line, got into trouble there, too! Now it's just a matter of getting into trouble faster in a GUI, and fewer callouses on our typing pointers ;o)

Leave a comment:

• GreyGeek
    replied

Leave a comment:

• kilgoretrout
    replied
    Don't be afraid of Kubuntu, be careful with whatever tool you use
    Since I've been running linux since 2002(Mandrake 8.2) and kde since the 2.0 days, I don't think I'm in any danger of being afraid of Kubuntu. Back then, if you wanted to mount a flash drive you did it at the command line, and we liked it! Now, you kids get off my lawn.

Leave a comment:

• jglen490
    replied
    Originally posted by kilgoretrout View Post
    Switching the options in system control center to automount removable devices works for me as well, even on encrypted flash drives. However, I hate automounting removable devices as it seems so windowish and has security ramifications. Thanks for pointing out this workaround.
    Automount may be "window-ish", but if it is useful for some user, then that user is free to use the feature in Kubuntu. The security ramifications are genuine, but fall into the same line of thinking as being on the internet - know where you are going, be careful when you get there. I only use my own thumb drives and my own mSD cards. I very rarely share them, and if I do, I clean and reformat when getting them back.

Don't be afraid of Kubuntu, be careful with whatever tool you use.

Leave a comment:

• kilgoretrout
    replied
    Switching the options in system control center to automount removable devices works for me as well, even on encrypted flash drives. However, I hate automounting removable devices as it seems so windowish and has security ramifications. Thanks for pointing out this workaround.

Leave a comment:

• GreyGeek
    replied
    I donno,