X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keyboard layout for lvm passphrase changed

Hello dear Kubuntu folks,

I have a big problem with my laptop. It runs Kubuntu 18.04 and yesterday I installed the latest updates. One of the updates introduced an option to change the keyboard layout from the system tray. A nice little feature but useless for me. Nonetheless with it my keyboard layout was changed from German (de) to English (en-us). Well, it took a few mouse clicks to change that in Kubuntu itself, but unfortuneatly the keyboard layout was also changed for the input promt where I unlock my encrypted hard drive at boot up. (I have chosen encrypted LVM at install because it's a laptop computer)
    My problem now is, that my passphrase has some characters that are very easy to type on an German keyboard but not on an English or US one. Especially the "§"-sign or section-sign. So right now I have a laptop computer which I cannot access because I cannot type in my password to unlock the encrypted hard drive, thanks to an recent update.

Does anyone of you have a) an idea how to type in my password, especially the section sign, and b) how to change the keyboard layout for the tool that unlocks the encrypted lvm?
Working...
X