This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Odd problem with mouse

After booting 17.10, my system senses the mouse movement and moves the pointer accordingly, but does not detect clicks unless I unplug the mouse for a moment. I've tried swapping in a different mouse, but the behavior persists. Any ideas what could be causing this?

Since my original post, I've tried a new mouse - the problem persists. I've found that I can get the system to detect clicks if I do a ctrl-Alt-F1 and Ctrl-Alt-F7 sequence, but at random intervals, the clicks stop being detected until I repeat the sequence.

Additional information: the mouse, keyboard, sound and video are on a KVM switch connected to two computers. The computer I'm having trouble with has both 64 and 32-bit installs of Kubuntu 17.10, the problem only occurs on the 64 bit install. The other computer has several OSs on it ,including 64 bit versions of Kubuntu 17.10, KDE Neon, Ubuntu Studio 17.10 and Windows 10, none of which have the same problem with the mouse.
    Last edited by alpreston; Nov 25, 2017, 06:51 PM. Reason: new findings and additional information
Working...
X