This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Breeze Dark - readable Panel without needing Blur

The Breeze Dark panel needs Blur, at least for some graphics card / driver combinations:

https://www.kubuntuforums.net/showth...ht=breeze+dark

Blur seems improved, but still heats up my graphics card. I found a workaround and have dropped 10 degrees C on one sensor reading and 20C on another, and more important to me, fan speed has dropped to where I no longer hear them running.

I had installed KaOS in a VM and noticed it had a nice Midna Dark desktop theme with a readable panel and no Blur (which isn't even available in the VM). Wasn't crazy about its icons, and putting the bar in task manager that indicates the active window at the bottom, so a few rounds of delete and test resulted in:

.local/share/plasma/desktopthemes/my_desktop_theme/metadata.desktop (copied from Midna Dark; edited to change the name)
    .local/share/plasma/desktopthemes/my_desktop_theme/widgets/panel-background.svgz (no changes)

This 'theme' has survived a reboot and doesn't seem to have eaten all my files. YMMV because I am just blindly poking at files here.
Working...
X