This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost activities, widgets, wallys settings, after disabling e-mail notifier

This is just a warning about "disabling" stuff that is down in the basics of the Social Desktop.

A NEW PERSON observing it might go into a panic...

Because of what is going on with Kmail, I installed some "non-normal" to Kubuntu e-mail programs to see if I could get one to work with the college and g-mail, and AS USUAL.......they did not work whereas after years........ kmail did FINALY, COMPLETELY ...work, but won't go there....

I kept getting a popup notifier about not being able to "set a proxy" which was just really.....really.......irritating......

So, I uninstalled all of the new stuff and still got the popup and then removed all of the e-mail accounts, since I actually now, mainly use my phone.

A LOT of stuff was removed en-train with that un-installation...........

Then some updates and a restart for them.....

Uh oh............all of the activities except one disappeared, the wallpaper settings disappeared and it popped me back to the first of the downloaded wallys in the cache and the widgets disappeared.

THERE IS A FIX FOR THIS, it is NOT "a bug"..... but it requires editing a hidden folder in a very precise way.........all of the "stuff" is "there" it has just been "set aside" and things have "gone to default"...because of my fiddling with the system..

But..what the hey.........

It is easier to just add the activities, etc. back....

So if it happens to thou........do not panic.........ask and someone MUCH SMARTER than the ol' woodsmoker will hunt up the appropriate fix for whatever version..

woodkindaskeeredatfirstsmoke
    sigpic
    Love Thy Neighbor Baby!
Working...
X