X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rod J
    replied
    Good work, Vinny!

I use Kdenlive occasionally myself ... but I'm not so familiar with it.

Leave a comment:

• vinnywright
    replied
    screen shot of the project at the point of getting ready to render ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

VINNY

Leave a comment:

• vinnywright
    replied
    Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
    You are a magician, Vinny!!
    every once in a wile ,,,,,,,,

if anyone once to check out the edits ,,,,,give me your email and i'll add it to a shared folder on dropbox ,,,,,you can PM me if you want the email to be kept privet ,,,,I've already added the videos to the shared folder

VINNY

Leave a comment:

• GreyGeek
    replied
    You are a magician, Vinny!!

Leave a comment:

• vinnywright
    replied
    OK forget Audacity for video work ,,,,install Kdenlive ,it's in your repo but you may have an older version I have

Code:
    vinny@vinny-Bonobo-Extreme:~$ dpkg -l | grep kdenlive
    ii  kdenlive                                        4:17.08.0+p16.04+git20170822.0248-0                   amd64        non-linear video editor
    ii  kdenlive-data                                   4:17.08.0+p16.04+git20170822.0248-0                   all          non-linear video editor (data files)
    in xenial ,,,,,,,,,,,,I used a sampel 3gp from hear http://www.sample-videos.com/ it's big buck bunny clips in several formats/containers 3gp is at the bottom .

in my test I,,,,,,,opened kdenlive dragged the sample to the project bin box (upper left) then dragged that to video1 in the time line ,,,,,,right click the video time line and click "split audio" then rite click again and click "ungroup clips" ,,,,now you can edit the audio ,,,,,,, I chose ,,,right click the audio track time line >add effect>audio>0-f (their are hundreds of them so grouped in sections) "10-band stereo equalizer " the effect will appear in the effects window next to "project bin" I turned up the first 2 sliders (bass) and a midrange ,,,,,,their is a preview player "upper right" where you can test what you are doing ...after having the audio changed enough to be "apparent" I clicked the "render" button "top menu section" you do not get a 3gp option ,,,,but the original 3gp is a mpeg4 with acc audio in a 3gp container ,,,I just chose HQmp4 ,,,the render took about 6min on the 10MiB file and produced a 34MiB mp4 ,,,,,,,if I had to put it back into a 3gp contaner I would use "ffmpeg"

I then put both videos into VLC's play list and played a bit of each back to back ,,,,,,yes the audio edits took well ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

VINNY

Leave a comment:

• vinnywright
    replied
    ya ,,OOPS you can edit the audio with audacity ,,,,but you will half to use a video editor to replace it ,,,,,,,I just DL'd some sampel 3gp's and will do some testing .

VINNY

Leave a comment:

• Rod J
    replied
    Oops! OK, I should have checked the type of file first. I just assumed it was an audio format file.

Not sure but maybe KDEnlive can do what you want. Or Handbrake might be able to. A search online might be useful.

Leave a comment:

• anonprivate
    replied
    Thanks to both.

This is a videofile. Will Audacity be suitable for such a file? Because you have recommended it, the answer must be yes. Audacity for Ubuntu platforms (presumably).

Best wishes.

Leave a comment:

• Rod J
    replied
    +1 for Audacity.

Audacity is very easy to use, very powerful and should do what you want perfectly.

Leave a comment:

• vinnywright
    replied
    Audacity ,,,,I believe can do this ,,,can I walk you through it ,,,no

this should do however https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjvOo1_nn5Q

VINNY

Leave a comment:

• anonprivate
    started a topic Modifying sound of a 3gp file

Modifying sound of a 3gp file

Hello.

I have a 3gp file that has sound that I would like to modify, for example, change the bass and treble, etc. I have tried vlc. Amorak, and Dragon Player. Can you recommend a programme (graphical interface) that will allow me to edit and save the file.

Thanks
    Last edited by anonprivate; Aug 29, 2017, 03:41 PM.
Working...
X