X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

odd udev ipod automounting

Hey All,

When I connect my ipod classic it gets automounted to /tmp/ipod<6 digit string>. I thought by default it should and I want it to mount to /media/<username>/ipod. I think udev and associated rule file /lib/udev/rules.d/90-libgpod.rules are what controls this. The first rule seems to apply to my ipod because the 2nd references the ipod Shuffle and the 3rd references the iPhone and Ipod touch. The 1st rule is:

Code:
    ACTION=="add|change", SUBSYSTEM=="block", ENV{ID_FS_USAGE}=="filesystem", ENV{DEVTYPE}=="partition", ATTRS{idVendor}=="05ac", ENV{ID_MODEL}=="iPod", IMPORT{program}="/lib/udev/ipod-set-info $tempnode $attr{busnum} $attr{devnum}", GOTO="libgpod_end"
    I'm assuming that ipod-set-info mounts the ipod to the $tempnode dir /tmp with filename ipod<busnum><devnum>. When I changed "$tempnode $attr{busnum} $attr{devnum}" to "/media/<username>/ipod" it did mount to /media/<username>/ipod but it took at least a minute to mount and killed my system response while doing it. It also doesn't show in the device notifier, so I don't know how to unmount it. I'm going to try replacing

Code:
    IMPORT{program}="/lib/udev/ipod-set-info $tempnode $attr{busnum} $attr{devnum}", GOTO="libgpod_end"
    with something like
    Code:
    RUN+="/sbin/mount -u UUID=6690-DA75 -o fmask=137, dmask=027"
    or

Code:
    SUBSYSTEMS=="usb", ATTRS{serial}=="000A27001334B88B", KERNEL=="sd?2", #NAME="DAVID IPOD", MODE="0664"
    which I found at http://www.gtkpod.org/wiki/Getting_started. I'd appreciate some advice from anyone who knows how this should be done correctly.

Thanks,
Working...
X