This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

setting up webcam

I have no idea if anyone will be able to help me with this, but I thought it's worth a try.

I've had this laptop for several months now and still haven't used the webcam, partly because it's not really that essential but mostly because I can't get it to work. Kamoso is just blank, and if I click the picture-taking button it does the flash and stuff, but doesn't actually take a picture.
    Before I upgraded to Trusty, I'm pretty sure OpenShot Video Editor gave me some kind of error if I tried to use the webcam, but it seems to be broken after upgrade so I can't test that out now.

To start with, here is what KInfoCenter says about my webcam:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	cam.png
Views:	1
Size:	9.2 KB
ID:	648172
    As far as I've been able to find out, the necessary driver is installed in Kubuntu by default and everything should just work out of the box. But it doesn't.

I found out about something called dov4l and when I ran it I got the following error:
    Code:
    VIDIOCGCAP: Inappropriate ioctl for device
    That's pretty much all the information I have.
    "Stella", HP Pavilion 15-ak006TX: KDE Neon User Edition dual-booted with Windows 10, 8gb RAM, Intel i7-6700HQ CPU, NVIDIA GeForce GTX950M graphics, 2 TB hard drive
Working...
X