This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installing to external HD

I'm not entirely sure that this is the correct sub-forum; I'm sort of stuck in a more "mid-installation" place right now. Here's some background information: I recently bought a Dell Laptop with a UEFI motherboard and Windows 8, and I have since set the computer into Legacy BIOS mode (which I intend to keep--so please don't tell me to go back to UEFI unless you have a *very* good reason I might not have heard about already), replaced Windows 8 with Windows 7, and installed Kubuntu in a separate partition. The problem I've been having is that when I attempt to boot into Kubuntu from the HD, I run into a "no root file system is defined" error, even though I did define a file system during installation, and have gone back and repeated the process twice with the same results.

If there is an easy to fix the above problem, I'd be happy to hear it, but as of today I decided to shortcut the problem by purchasing a new USB 3.0 external drive. My intent is simply to boot off said drive every time I want to be in Kubuntu. The only annoying thing about this solution is that it boots to the installer every time I run it, when I want to just boot straight to Kubuntu. Is there a way to make it do that?

Thanks.
    Jesse
Working...
X