X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snowhog
    replied
    All the packages that come up in Muon searching on just the word spell by status Installed are the following:

libaspell15
    enchant
    libenchant1c2a
    aspell
    libkdeui5
    libhunspell-1.3-0
    aspell-en
    dictionaries-common

Leave a comment:

• bra|10n
    replied
    Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
    Not so in my LibreOffice. All of the English languages show the ABC icon (indicating spelling checking).
    So I guess I need to install some libs? Any ideas which?

Leave a comment:

• Snowhog
    replied
    Originally posted by bra|10n View Post

English (USA) is the only language on the list with the ABC icon shown...

I wonder why that is
    Not so in my LibreOffice. All of the English languages show the ABC icon (indicating spelling checking).

Leave a comment:

• ardvark71
    replied
    Hi all...

What does "enhanced language support" do?

Regards...

Leave a comment:

• bra|10n
    replied
    Originally posted by wrender View Post
    Hopefully they fix this so I can type awesome words like colour and aboot properly. :P

English (USA) is the only language on the list with the ABC icon shown...

I wonder why that is

Leave a comment:

• wrender
    replied
    So it turns out that Libre Office can't do Canadian English Spell checking. I changed every setting I could find to to USA English and now everything works.

Hopefully they fix this so I can type awesome words like colour and aboot properly. :P

Leave a comment:

• owend
    replied
    I find that LibreOffice underlines errors but doesn't automatically correct them; pressing F7 brings up the usual manual spellcheck window. Also, in Snowhog's suggestion (Tools > Options > Language Settings > Writing Aids) I unchecked other dictionaries - my setup had Slvenian and US English checked as well as UK English, perhaps confusing the spellchecker?

Only just installed 12.04, seems great so far; maybe I'll find the autocorrect option with some digging!

Owen

Leave a comment:

• Arthur Stennett
    replied
    Dell Optiplex 330, 1.6GHz Dual CPU, 2Gbs Ram.
    Hello, just a point of interest, I have just done a fresh install of Kubuntu 12.04, (I like it a lot) and I had various minor problems with LibreOffice, which I have now cured. Using the Muon Package installer, I found that the 12.04 installation image that I downloaded had installed LibreOffice-KDE, Office Productivity Suite--KDE Integration. The normal LibreOffice - Office Productivity Suite was not. I installed the normal LibreOffice Suite and removed the KDE Integration version. The problems I was having just vanished.
    Hope this helps, Arthur Stennett. (not young)

Leave a comment:

• wrender
    replied
    I checked and still nothing
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Snowhog
    replied
    Spell check works for me, LibreOffice Writer LibreOffice 3.5.2.2 Build ID: 350m1(Build:202). Check Tools > Options > Language Settings > Writing Aids to see if you have the necessary items and that they are checked.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• wrender
    started a topic Turn On LibreOffice Spell Check?

Turn On LibreOffice Spell Check?

LibreOffice doesn't seem to spell check anything so when I type dkjflslksdf it just leaves it.

Not sure how to correct this...
Working...
X