X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well - that was a good un!

Hi,

Unlike many of you who like to live dangerously I upgrade to a new version once the '.01' comes out!

May I say just how good this was with no real issues at all. I normally (at least) get video card hiccups but this time my NVidia was not an issue at all.

Everything else worked fine by ultising the gog wheel that appeared in the tray and I tidied up various bits and pieces using autoremove/clean and Synaptic (still the best package manager in my view).

Overall took about an hour and a quarter to download and install. Now I can relax for five years (yawn).

(Anyway I did hope that the upgrade would fix my Plasma Desktop crash issue which happens everytime I close down - but this time I am actually going to be helpful and do something useful. I have finally downloaded the debug packages I need and I shall get to grips with this little irritant asap. EDIT: 5/9/12: I did the backtrace etc and found similar bug reports. PY-CASHEW was the culprit so i have removed that widget and back to normal.)

Anyway well done to the team and as ever 'KUBUNTU ROCKS'.

Bi.
    Last edited by leadwt; Sep 05, 2012, 01:00 AM. Reason: Side issue resolved.
    Celeron CPU G1610@2.60GHz x 2
    GeForce 8400 GS/PCle/SSE2
    Kubuntu 14.04 - 64 bit Linux - KDE 4.13.0
Working...
X