Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kmail won't autostart with auto connect wireless?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kmail won't autostart with auto connect wireless?

I have had a problem with 11.04 with kmail not autostarting at boot on my laptop. The desktops work as they should. I figured out last night that my wireless connection is somehow messing with kmail at boot. My wireless card is a broadcom card that uses the new open source brcm80211 driver. Before 11.04 I had to use an ethernet cable to instal the wl driver. Before 11.04 the ethernet was the first connection, so kmail started as expected after enabling wireless. Last night I plugged the laptop up to my spare ethernet port to test a Joli OS live DVD since it won't boot without a preconfigured connection. A password protected wireless connection won't work the fist time. After rebooting into Kubuntu, I was surprised to see that kmail started in the system tray. I had forgotten to unplug the ethernet cable which would have been used first (wireless second). After unplugging the cable and rebooting with wireless only, kmail still starts at boot like it should. Hopefully this will keep someone else from pulling their hair out. If the wireless connection is set to NOT auto connect, kmail starts fine also. It has to be the wireless stopping it somehow. How would I go about debugging this?
    Klaatu Barada Nikto
Working...
X