This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

seamless upgrade to 11.10 ;)

Subject seas it all .........opened Kpackagekit clicked the upgrade to 11.10 .......wint shopping for some floor tile for the kitchen and a flush cut router bit to trim off the edge of the new Formica counter tops ............... got home, it finished the upgrade 10 min. later ......restarted and allmost every thing was just the way I left it.........except among the 88 packages that it sead were obsolete ...was rutebook.....? ....and it uninstalled it ........I thought that strange but no matter I can add it back.

I had expected the desktops to be default but all my wallpapers were still in place as was my desktop theme ...........but my 11.04 was already up to KDE-4.7.1 so mabe thats why.

I just love posting a good experience............... 8)

now what to do with the other 11.10 install I'v been running for a wile now....................Hmmm what's the next one 12.04? wheres that .ISO Muahaha

O and the 3.0.0-12-generic kernel in 11.10 has suport for the Ralink corp. RT5390 Wireless 802.11n 1T/1R PCIe wireless in this HP-G62 ........in 11.04 I had to compile the driver .

nice

☢VINNY☢
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores
Working...
X