This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fresh Install Meerkat experiences

This is a fresh install of the original Meerkat disk that I d/d back in November. I'm going to list each and every thing that happened or occurred.

I'm not going to ADD anything to the install at first. I will designate when I do that. The first part will be just a "clean install and updates".

I did the text based install and it went fine on a Barracuda 40 gig hard drive.

Did almost a half hour of updates.

The first thing I checked was getting on the net and Reconq worked fine until I tried to get into "Blackboard" and although "the rest" of the college website went fine, mail, welcome back, what's happening, etc. Blackboard was completely botched up. The links were randomly strewn about the interface. I could click a link and get to say....the "gradebook" but then the gradebook was just "randomly strewn" about the interface. There was no "gradebook" per se.

Installed FF through the installer and it went fine. I was able to interact with the college site as normal.

Kopete ............BLOW ME AWAY..........It WORKS with Yahoo!!! BRAVO!!!!!

Amarok

Put in Jackie Gleason cd: Music, Martinis and More into tray.
    Plasma popped a notification that the cd was there.
    Chose to play with Amarok, Amork said no cd available.
    Instead of playing the cd it played Art of Nations Amarok theme.
    Quit amarok
    The above was in the dvd/cd/player/recorder
    put cd into "cdplayer".
    Got the tracks from the cd but Amarok still played the theme.
    Had to remove the Amarok theme
    Then clicked the first track of the album NOT the album and it began to play.

Was able to multitask the cd playing and putting grades into Blackboard at the college.

end 7:38 pm sunday mar 20 2011
    woodsmoke

sigpic
    Love Thy Neighbor Baby!
Working...
X