Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

couldn't right clk desktop, widgets there bu invisible SLIDER rt side screen

I don't need help on this because a restart fixed the problem but here is what I observed.

I changed from a stock wallpaper to a christmas photo, that is the only "thing" i did, that was day before yesterday.

Yesterday the desktop would not always "respond" to a right click. And it was "laggy".

Today I was working on stuff and decided to add the analog clock widget to keep track of time but it didn't appear. I thought maybe I hadn't "done it right" so I tried to put it on the desktop again.

The desktop was really "laggy" but the word processor was working fine, etc. I could get on the net, you name it.

But....still no clock...

So i was moving the mouse around the screen trying to see if something was on the edge and minimized or something and noticed that there was a SLIDER on the right side of the screen and, apparently, there were two things that I could not see that I could see the "black section" saying that something was there.

I couldn't get the desktop to right click respond so I had to go through the file system to get to desktop and reverted to the stock wallpaper and the slider the stood out quite clearly. I could right click it and slider it etc. But it wasn't "doing" anything but sliding, it didn't activate anything etc.

Then I noticed a "shadow" at the top, I have a panel at the top that hides, and clicked it and low and behold...

A full width "box" was there that was "dark" it covered the top half of the screen and it was labled "analog clock"

Below it was an identical thing that was a full width box, that was "dark" you could see through them and labled analog clock.

Both had an X and then I really had to squint to see but there were two little squiggles in the panel, that when I hovered over them read "remove analog clock"...so I clicked it and one disappeared and then the other and the other disappeared.

But there was never the "analog clock" on the desktop.

So.... I then rebooted and everything is normal...

As a note, I "dragged" the clock widget from the get widgets panel onto the desktop when I was trying to place one there.

So...comments on what happened?

woodsmoke
    sigpic
    Love Thy Neighbor Baby!
Working...
X