This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bluedevil phone transfer files (Solved)

Has anyone has success transferring files from a phone to dolphin via bluedevil? Dolphin is recognizing the folders and files on my Nokia 3620 but can not get them from the phone. There is no problem loading file too the phone. When I try too send from phone to Dolphin the "Bluetooth Send File Helper" crashes. "Executable: bluedevil-sendfile PID: 2482 Signal: 11 (Segmentation fault)"

When I try to register a bug I get a message saying that the crash information is not useful. I have tried to install debug symbols for "Bluetooth Send File Helper" but there are no packages. That's about as far as I can go with the debug info.

Any help would be appreciated

KDE 4.5.1
    Linux 2.6.35-25-generic

PS Found the answer after much investigation hope it helps someone else.

But default OpenOBEX is not installed in Kubuntu. Thus any transfer of data will just not work. Once installed however Bluedevil is up and running, even on my old Nokia 3620. Using Dolphin you can drag and click both ways, although you may get asked to "open destination" from the task manager notification icon. For some reason this does not happen all the time, anyway its now working fine.
Working...
X